Friday, November 16, 2012

Thanksgiving Thankfuls!

Day #14:

I'm thankful for relaxing nights with Ammon where we just get to do nothing together. Together is the key word. Especially with the holidays rolling in Ammon works A LOT more than usual so getting a whole Wednesday night with him was/is so wonderful and recharging for us as a couple :)

Day #15:

Today (thinking back on last night) I'm thankful for my sense of self awareness. Even though I don't associate myself with the LDS church anymore it still taught me so much about spirituality and self. I'm also grateful for my mom and the faith/trust she puts in me when I have a dilemma. i.e. I was having a dilemma recently and was kind of freaking out (as I tend to do) not knowing which decision to make. She just calmly said, 'listen to your heart/gut and pray about it'. That's it. After still freaking out for a couple days I realized that she (of course - she is a mom after all) was totally right. I had the answer within me all along and once I decided to go along with the way I felt I was at peace again. So whatever you would like to call it: self awareness, the spirit, God, Buddha, indigestion, intuition, etc I am very grateful for it and the peace it brings me.

Day #16:

Now today, specifically, I am grateful for my job. I know that sometimes I can get overwhelmed with the responsibility of it or the mundaneness (apparently that isn't a word but I'm using it anyway) aka sitting at a desk all day but when I really take it all in... I'm extremely lucky to be where I am. I have a job with great people I truly enjoy working with; good benefits (at my age!); Saturdays, Sundays and paid holidays off; and it allows me to go to night school afterwards. I'll say it again: I am extremely lucky.

Love,

Kxoxo

PS- Today I am also thankful for Buffalo Wild Wings giving away free sit down meals on their 'practice before opening night' Friday. I am also thankful for Syd being sweet enough to snatch one for me! And that Kels Jan agreed to join me! Have a wonderful weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment