Tuesday, November 13, 2012

November Grateful Game #3

Day #10:

Saturday I was super grateful for my sweet nieces, nephew, sister-friend & their daddy/husband :) I got to spend Friday night playing and visiting with them all and they just make me so gosh darn happy! Holly and I have been best friends (but really its more than that - which is why I consider her my sister-friend) since I was 8 and she was 12 and we just 'clicked'. I'm grateful that they give me a 100% guaranteed reason to be happy all the time :)

Day #11:

Sunday was Veteran's Day. I am so proud and grateful to have a man who dedicated 9 years of his life (enlisting right after such a scary time - 9/11) to the military. I am grateful to all of the men, women & their families who go through the rigors of being a part of our country's armed forces. And now after knowing multiple people in that situation I will never take them, their families or their service for granted. (And thank you Olive Garden for giving Ammon a free Veteran's Day meal so we could have a much needed date night lol)

Day #12:

Mariah! I'm so blessed to have such an amazing sister :) She has such a sweet heart and soul within her and she just brightens up my day when I get to see her! I'm also very lucky that she invites Athena to her work (doggy daycare) on some of the days that I work so Athena isn't home alone (helps out so so much!). And I am SO grateful that my very best friend is my sister - there is no bond or relationship like it :) I know for a fact (no doubt about it) that we were meant to be sisters in this life together and I'm so happy someone up there got it right.

Day #13:

I'm thankful for nice strangers. On Monday (after my car froze solid over the storm this weekend because I didn't drive it at all lol) I was attempting to scrape my car clean with a broom - laugh all you want! As I was scraping this nice guy in our apartment complex offered to run inside and grab his scraper for me. He could have just ignored me and gone on enjoying his cigarette, etc but he was willing to go the extra mile at 8AM to help out a girl in a pickle (a pickle that was her own silly fault). So thank you nice guy with the ice scraper, people like you really make this sometimes dreary world a whole lot brighter. 


Love,

Kxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment