Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Thankful & Grateful

Day #17:

On Saturday I was grateful for Kelsey! We had a fun time just catching up (yes, we have lots to catch up on after not seeing each other for 2 weeks) and eating at Mimi's Cafe (the chocolate mousse was freaking       a-maz-ing). I'm so lucky and thankful to have such an awesome best friend. She is always there for me, no questions asked, and she accepts me in a way not many people can or do. :D And I can completely be myself around her and she understands!

Day #18:

My 'second family': The Bakers :D Ammon has an amazing family and I've never dated a guy with a family I feel so comfortable with and accepted by. They truly are hilarious, hard working, accepting and loving people. I'm so grateful I fell in love with a man that has a great support system behind him (and behind me now).

Day #19:

My mama! What can I say? She's my mother :) She's always been the most important person in my life. She has taught me almost everything I know and value. Her patience and sacrifice are immeasurable and her love even more. She put her needs and wants aside and worked full time + so Mariah and I could have all the things/experiences any child with 2 parents had. She encouraged & supported me through my dance. She taught me about unconditional love. She taught me to believe in myself and feelings/instincts and to trust myself. Thanks mom :) I love you

Day #20:

Books. Specifically Stephen King right now. I just love the momentary escape they bring while still being very conscious and aware of what you're reading. I've missed reading (I haven't for various reasons) but am loving it just as much as I used to. Also, Stephen King is just such an eloquent writer. He isn't one of those 'hard reads', you know the kind you sometimes read in school or the ones you really have to concentrate on. He isn't an 'easy read' either, the kind you just skim through -half aware. He is this awesome blend of both. Intelligent, intriguing, deep, awesome character development, etc.

Day #21:

My dad and step mom. We (me, Mariah, Mike, Ammon & our dogs) are always welcome at their house and greeted with open arms. They are also always willing to come down and visit us (its a 3 to 4 hour drive from southern Utah). Whenever they come up we go to dinner, hang out, play games, talk, etc. Whenever we go down we go to dinner, my step mom Dana cooks awesome meals, we play super fun games, go fishing, take the dogs on walks, ride 4 wheelers, feed the cows, visit the brand new baby calves, etc. I love that whenever we spend time together its quality time, not just going through the motions and spending any time together. We have all gotten close over the past year or two and I couldn't be happier about it. I love them with all of my heart and I'm very lucky, grateful and blessed to have them.  

Love,

Kxoxo

PS: Tomorrow is Turkey Day! We get to spend the morning at the annual Turkey Bowl (soccer of course) - I love soccer games and spending the time cheering Ammon & the other guys on and visiting/messing around/having a beer or two with the WAGs. Then we head off to Ammon's Dad and Step Mom's for early Thanksgiving dinner (Ed's amazing lamb is on the menu - be jealous). After that we head to my Aunt and Uncle's for late Thanksgiving dinner (my sweet, awesome, handsome, grown up, little cousin Joshy is going to read his mission call! Ah! Yay!). Hope your's is equally as awesome :)

No comments:

Post a Comment